Frequently Asked Questions
New Students - Studio Guidelines:
- NEW STUDENTS -Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your first class to get registered. If you have a Groupon, please print it off and present it when you arrive. ALL STUDENTS should arrive at least 5 minutes before class to set up their yoga space.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in. Please remove your shoes and socks and store them in our cubbies when you arrive, along with your other personal belongings.
- Check in at the front desk and sign in for the class you are attending.
- PLEASE let you teachers know if you have any injuries or conditions that they need to be aware of. We wish to keep you healthy and safe in your yoga practice, and they may be able to offer modifications if they are aware of your conditions.
- Keep our space sacred. Please refrain from using your cell phone, and make sure it is silenced during class, or simply leave it in your car. This is your sacred time too!
- Enter and exit our space mindfully, as classes may be in session. Please speak in calm, quiet tones so as to not disturb other students.
- Please refrain from wearing strong colognes or perfumes, as many people are sensitive to smells or have allergies.
- Bottled water is acceptable, but no other food or beverage is allowed in the practice space.
- Make sure that all props are returned to their proper storage.
- Blankets are grouped by color, so please return them to the same rack that you removed them from. We launder the blankets regularly, and this helps us to know which blankets have been washed as we rotate them out by color.
What are the benefits of a regular yoga practice?
- Yoga has been shown to reduce stress, increase strength and flexibility, and promote overall health and well-being. Most participants report a calmer mind and spirit, as well as better posture, stronger bones, better balance, reduced tension, increased circulation, and enhanced self-esteem.
Do I need my own yoga mat?
- We have some house mats for new students to use, but if you plan on coming regularly, we strongly encourage you to purchase your own mat. It is more hygenic, and creates your own sacred mat space. We have mats available for purchase at the studio.
What classes are appropriate for beginners?
- Most classes labeled Foundations, Basics, Restorative, or Meditation are appropriate for beginners. Please review our class descriptions for a better understanding of what may work for you!
How do we know if class is cancelled due to inclement weather?
- We will post on our website class schedule in MindBody Online noting if class is cancelled. As a general rule, if the Liberty School District has cancelled classes due to weather, then we will most likely be cancelling our morning classes as well, with a TBD for the evening classes. We will also send out a newsletter notifying everyone of any cancellations.